The cementless SC-Cup is a conically shaped threaded cup made of pure titanium with a further developed self-cutting outer thread.
This type of threading allows an easy implantation, unlike other similar threaded cup systems. The cup becomes very stable and tip-proof through the conical cup mould.
- Material: The SC-Cup consists of pure titanium ISO 5832-2.
- Surface roughness of the prosthesis: The surface of the SC-Cup is corundum-blasted and has a roughness of 4-6 µm, which results in a good osteointegration of the bones.
- Size classification: The product range offers 7 sizes, from size 52 to 72. The smallest cup diameter is 43 mm and the largest is 63 mm.
- Cup shape: The cup becomes very stable and tip-proof through the conical cup mould.
- Cup bottom: The cup shell is stabilised through a bottom frame and makes it possible to insert a spongiosa sub-lining after the cup has been positioned.
- Cup insert: The polyethylene insert sealed with a titanium plate prevents direct bone contact with the polyethylene. Due to the stable anti-rotation device, the rotation-proof position of the polyethylene insert is guaranteed.
An easy-to-handle instrument allows convenient and proper implantation of the SC threaded cup. Exact coordination between the instrument and the implant allows secure, efficient and precise work.